- Despite seeing its seven-run lead whittled down by the end, Desert Ridge JV still held off Gilbert for a 9-7 victory on Thursday. Gilbert scored seven runs in the failed comeback on a double by Bryce Babson in the fifth, a error in the fifth, a single by Calvin Davis in the fifth, a single by Ryan Meyer in the sixth, a fielder’s choice by Matt Manger in the sixth, and a double by Babson in the sixth.
- Desert Ridge JV grabbed an early lead. Desert Ridge JV scored on a single by Tony Baca and a groundout by Jack Beaver in the second inning.
- Desert Ridge JV took an early lead in the second inning. Desert Ridge JV scored one run when Baca singled with one out in the second inning.
- Gilbert scored four runs in the fifth inning. Gilbert’s big inning was driven by a double by Bryce Babson, a error, and a single by Calvin Davis.
- Brendan Thome earned the win for Desert Ridge JV. He went five innings, giving up four runs, five hits, and striking out one. Two relievers helped Desert Ridge JV close out the victory. Cade Cornellthrew one inning. Brandon Drew took the loss for Gilbert. He tossed three innings, giving up three runs, four hits, and striking out two.
- Taylor Mayfield started the game for Gilbert. He tossed four innings, allowing six runs, eight hits, striking out two, and walking one.
- Desert Ridge JV had 12 hits in the game. Xavier Gonzalez, Caden Gustafson, and Baca each collected multiple hits for Desert Ridge JV. Baca, Gustafson, and Gonzalez each managed two hits to lead Desert Ridge JV.
- Gilbert collected eight hits. Ryan Meyer and Babson each collected multiple hits for Gilbert.
- “Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.” Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.