- Both teams were strong on the mound Friday, but Desert Ridge JV defeated Gilbert 3-2. hurlers for Desert Ridge JV allowed just eight hits to Gilbert.
- Desert Ridge JV took the lead for good with two runs in the fourth inning. In the fourth Brendan Kazmerick singled off of Ryan Meyer, driving in one run and Meyer uncorked a wild pitch, scoring one run.
- Caden Gustafson earned the win for Desert Ridge JV. He went four innings, giving up two runs, six hits, striking out three, and walking one. Cade Cornell recorded the last nine outs to earn the save for Desert Ridge JV. Meyer took the loss for Gilbert. He pitched six innings, surrendering three runs, six hits, striking out four, and walking one.
- Jerred Lazenby and Kazmerick each drove in one run to lead Desert Ridge JV. Desert Ridge JV was sure-handed and didn’t commit a single error. Xavier Gonzalez made the most plays with ten.
- Gilbert collected eight hits. Jose Bolivas and Meyereach collected multiple hits for Gilbert.
- “Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.” Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.